Friday, February 13, 2009

TIME FOR AN UPDATE!!

Sorry this will probably be a long post, been busy and have a lot to share!

1. Baptisms!: 3 of them... the triplets! It was an amazing baptism and I feel so blessed to have been a participant, and an onlooker. I played piano for the baptism (been a LONG time since I have done that and this is the first time since my little hand surgery last year)The spirit was so strong there and so sweet, given the chaos of three little ones being baptized. Cody's stands out the most to me, he came up out of the water and said "I did it! I did it!" he was so excited!

2. Mommy boot camp: I have been babysitting two boys (an infant and a toddler) and they were sick. I refer to this night as my mommy boot camp, if you ever want to see if you are cut out for parenthood, watch sick kids. Both could really scream, and when the baby cried the toddler would join in, and try to out do his younger brother. It was hard, I ended up rocking the baby with one arm, sitting on the floor next to the toddler's bed using the spare arm to rub his back because he needed to sleep but would scream if I left his side. After that long night I still want to be Mommy, I think that it will be easier when I am the Mommy. It would also be easier if I had 4 arms, proof that we didn't evolve because mothers would have 4 arms and real eyes in the back of their heads, and the ability to read minds. lol.

3. Joseph: We went to his neurologist, and things are looking good. We are still keeping a close watch on any and all things that could be seen as symptoms. He gets really tired by the end of the week, but I am doing my best to make sure he eats enough to sustain his body and take naps to re-energize. He is my miracle. I love him lots and lots!

4. Adoption!: We turn in our paperwork on Saturday the 21st at 12 noon!! Woo hoo! After that our online profile goes up and hopefully quickly we will be approved then it's up to a birth mother to chose us to become parents... we have felt pushed and we are sprinting to the finish. Phew! We are so happy and... the $$ we have put in to pay for the homestudy (or paperwork) is tax deductible and should give us the $$ to pay the transfer fee when we move to Washington!! :)

5. A picture to make up for the long post, our little buddy! He is so sweet and cute. And I get to babysit him!! His parents call me his girlfriend since I was the only one he would kiss (for months!)



-S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blessed life is getting SO EXCITING! I am sure that you'll get your baby (or babies) amazingly fast once your adoption profile goes up. We're praying for you guys! I miss you too!

Anonymous said...

He is so grown up!!! I hope that you have a lot of fun with him.
Love Jessica Mecham