Monday, May 4, 2009

Oh the craziness...

.*.*.*.*.*Our Life*.*.*.*.
We are doing well in Kennewick. Joseph has a job, no not with Lithia who we thought we were moving here for but with Toyota of Tri-Cities. Joe loves Toyotas, and so far loves his job. He was really nervous the first day but is adjusting well. I am the accompanist for a choir at Kennewick High, hopefully proving that they can't live with out me and will pay me to come back next school year...it's working so far I think. The choir teacher Mr Henderson doesn't like using students as accompanists.

Our transition to become legal Washingtonians was a heck of a roller coaster ride with lots of loops, and hoops and high speed the whole time... we had to register "Suzy" our car her tabs expired this month and that was a fun adventure and when we finally got someone at the bank in Rexburg to fax over the title, we showed up at the DOL and their computers had just crashed! Getting us licensed was fun too, they really gave us the run around. We have one of those DMV's that you see in the movies, you know the kind where you can spend hours just in line, waste a day... yup we wasted a couple days. Joe had to have my mom sign an affidavit proving that Joe is in fact a resident of the Swanger household, my residency was less difficult since I was in the Washington system before. We have a BIG problem here with illegal aliens, both of the Latin and the Russian kind, so proving residency and multiple forms of identification is muy importante. Luckily we had everything we needed, except my mom. She was with us the last and successful visit! So we are now Suzy, Shaylee, and Joseph, all Washington residents.

.*.*.*.*Medical Mania.*.*.*.*.*.
There are only about a million things going on medically in the family.
Grandma Swanger is fighting cancer and is now in her third week of treatment and starting to feel the side effects. So I have become the "pinch hitter" babysitter for Mishawn my aunt who is taking care of Grandma. That alone can keep one pretty busy there are a lot of appointments and long appointments. So Abrie and I are pals.
My little Sister Val has injured her hand, and has dealt with it for while and it had flared up again. We now have a diagnosis, a hairline tear in a tendon between her thumb and fore finger. One that PA to a hand surgeon has never seen injured before. 2 MRI's and a year or so after the initial injury she is getting her hand treated. After seeing the Physical therapist they decided that surgery isn't a good option but possibly splinting it and weekly physical therapy.
My cousin's family contains two people that had been diagnosed with a disease that causes blindness. And a missionary from our ward that was in Africa came home two months early with illness, turns out it was Mono. And of course the Swine flu scare. FYI WalMart was out of hand sanitizer. There are 2 cases locally but are not confirmed swine flu. But because of my exposure to teenagers with questionable hygiene habits I use hand sanitizer.

So those are the important updates... I will update later. I have had a lot of thoughts recently that are blog worthy. But after all the craziness of the last almost 3 weeks and our 3rd wedding anniversary tomorrow it'll be a couple of days. Sorry to those I haven't emailed back, I will email you.

-S

2 comments:

Briana said...

Wow - sounds busy! That is so fun that you are Kennewick's choir accompanist. What do you think of the choir program these days? I haven't heard from them in ages.

Sorry to hear about your family members, but glad to hear about your husband finding a job - that is always good news!

Jessica said...

Hey sounds like you guys are doing good. hope that you will keep it going!