Monday, February 11, 2008

learning tricks from old dogs...

I have learned a lot working in an assisted living home and I have heard some really funny stuff...it's not an easy job but I sure do enjoy it sometimes.

Jean a 97 yr old woman from scotland will talk in her scottish accent sometimes, but she will swear up a storm when you get her in the bathroom... some things that she has said: "stop it, my hands are so slick, I'll fall from the ceiling"- when I put lotion on her hands, "you're strong, like a stallion!", " you're gonna fool around for a bit, but then you'll find you're way, you'll do good things", she's so funny.

Dean 80-ish, comes out of his room in his underwear in the mornings and I tell him he can't be out here the ladies can see you. So he wrapped himself in a blanket and proceeded to make his way to the living room- I couldn't argue with that. Today I told him that he was in his underwear and the ladies shouldn't see that, he told me " oh, it won't hurt them!"

These are some of the things that I have enjoyed so far, there is much more but I need to get to bed so I will be awake tomorrow for work!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi Shaylee! I need your email address. Please send me a message at kswmom at verizon dot net.