Saturday, February 2, 2008

Been a while...

Well things have been a little busy since I wrote last, we went to the temple open house - Amazing!! And we were ushers for the open house the same night (Dec. 29th) We were set and excited for the dedication that was supposed to be tomorrow, but President Hinckley's passing changed that. I know a lot of people are sad that Pres. Hinckley won't be the one to dedicate our new temple but I think that it is exciting to know that our temple in Rexburg Idaho is going to be the first one that the new prophet dedicates... How cool is that?? I am sad that Pres. Hinckley is no longer with us but I am happy for him and know that he and his dear wife are together again. And it is comforting to know that the church doesn't fall apart when the prophet dies that there is a plan for everything and the church will still be true even with a different prophet at the head of it.

Joe and I are in school and doing our best to stay ahead and get done quickly. If I am not mistaken I may be able to graduate in July.. we'll see! I have also started working, I work at Homestead an assisted living home and it has been a lot of fun. It is amazing what you can learn from your elders.. even a 98-yr old scottish woman that swears when you take her to the bathroom!

We are still serving in primary in our ward and that is an adventure every week we are there. Those kids are amazing (and tiring). I have found that answers to prayers come from some of the most unexpected places: kids and old people.. they are so close to our Heavenly Father and somehow they know just what you need.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

YOU'RE ALIVE!!!! That is so exciting that you guys will be there for the dedication, that was one hard thing for us to miss when we moved. Are you still teaching piano lessons? I am glad you are enjoying your work, old people are not my cup of tea and I think it takes a special kind of person to enjoy working with them. It was nice to get an update!