Monday, February 25, 2008

BIG PLANS

Hello all!
We know many of you have been wondering how we're doing, especially on the subject of family. It's been a long, hard road & we thought that we should fill in the details. We've been trying on and off for 22 months to expand out little family. We've endured many speed bumps and potholes on this journey. To be specific: 3 miscarriages, 1 ruptured ovarian cyst a trip to the E.R., 2 in office surgical procedures (a scope surgery & a hysterosalpingogram or HSG, pushing dye through my fallopian tubes, which were blocked) and a BIG surgery in April (Laparascopy, D&C, and fallopian tubes cleaned out), ll of this made for a really long recovery period. ALong with those we've endured many tests, hormone treatments & fertility drugs (Clomid, to help me ovulate). The road has been filled with huge disappointments for us, but through this we've been given the chance to really get to know one another. We've experienced the closeness that only trials and tragedy can afford us. We love each other more than we ever thought possible.

We've made it this far and we've been trying to figure out our next move toward beginning our family. The spirit has really been pushing, we feel that we should adopt. In fact we've already made contact with LDS Family Services and we are starting into the adoption process. We will receive the application & attend out first adoption class all on Thur. the 28th of Feb. We don't know exactly how this will all work out, but we know we need support and prayers from our families.

We've so appreciated the kindness, concern, prayers and hopeful thoughts we've recieved from you. Thank you for all you do, we love you all so much. We will use this blog to keep everyone updated, so please visit often.

Shaylee & Joseph

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey Joe and Shaylee. I know some of what you're going through Shaylee (although I didn't have to endure as much as you have). I don't know if you were aware that I was diagnosed with PCOS right before I got pregnant with Davis. Luckily though, my first three boys came waaaaay faster than I was anticipating (less than three years) and the doctor couldn't explain why. Anyway, with Bennett I had to do infertility treatments - a drug to get me to have a period and then Clomid. I know it's a very emotional time and process. I'm very excited for you guys going through the adoption process - you know that's usually what it takes for people to get pregnant. :) Mick's cousin Jennifer (and Jeff) Stokes, who happen to live in Shelly, have adopted one and are trying for their second child through the LDS adoption. They're very happy with everything. I wish you luck and definately keep us updated!! I'm happy to hear that your and Joe's relationship has grown from this experience! We love you guys!! (Sorry this is a novel!) :)

Kim said...

I hope everything is going to work out for you guys. My pregnancies were crazy but I only had one miscarriage. I grew up really quick when I had to deal with all of it and was very grateful to have Jeff by my side the whole time. I learned a lot about myself and what some of my weaknesses and strengths were. You sound like you're doing exactly what you should be doing, and your attitude about the whole thing is wonderful. Good luck with everything! You'll be in our prayers. I