Sunday, September 6, 2015

Temple Paintings

I fell in love with watercolor temple paintings that I'd seen on Pinterest. Then I thought, I can do that. So I did, my first painting was a house warming gift for Sam & Kaelee. 
My process: find pics of temple, print one for reference, trace outline. Using multiple pics for each temple I chose what details to include and what to keep simple. Then sketch a floral wreath around the temple drawing, ink the temple, color the flowers with watercolor pencils, then paint over. 
Then I selling custom temple paintings for other people... Here are some of the temples I've done. 
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Portland, Oregon 
Columbia River, Washington 
Logan, Utah
Sketch-->inked--> painted
Custom order with hot pink Gerbera Daisies 
SLC step by step
Salt Lake City, Utah 
Rexburg, Idaho
In the painting zone. 
Mom & dad's Seattle Washington temple. 

I've loved creating these! 

1 comment:

The Ottley's said...

And I loved getting one! :)