Sunday, September 6, 2015

Piano and pups

Just before Mom & Dad left town for Arkansas we acquired a piano. Thanks to dad, we were put in touch with a guy getting rid of a kimball upright grand. It's old, but beautiful. He gave it to us for free, and instead of paying to move it, dad rounded up a few guys and by the time I got home from work they were on the way with the piano. 
This part was scary to watch. 
They were able to move it up the driveway so fast, I almost missed grabbing this picture. 
I opened it up once the piano made it inside. 
The piano in its new home. 
Pups: we dog sat for my parents while they travelled to see my out of town siblings (Idaho, then Arkansas) it was so hot the dogs came and hung out with us. 
All 3 dogs enjoying the freshly mown grass. Also a great pic to show their size difference. 
It was hot, so we had a pool out back for water and for cooling down. (Tonka cooling his pads)
Tbone got bored outside one day and chewed up the pool.
Rylee, Tbone & I took walks almost every morning. I tried to go at least 2 miles to wear Tbone out. 
The dogs spent a lot of time inside to escape the heat. So sometimes we have them bones to chew and keep busy. 
Rylee asserted his dominance by confiscating the big bone from Tonka. The bone was bigger than he was. 
Tbone was my tracing companion, inside or outside he watched over me as I did my temple tracing at the sliding door. 
Our sleeping arrangement. Big dogs on the floor, and Rylee in his kennel. 
One night I said time for bed, Rylee jumped up, grabbed Tonka's bone, and took it into his kennel. Haha 
On one of our many walks, one man crossed the street to get away from us. I got lots of funny looks, probably because of the size difference. 
One day we couldn't find Tbone, until I went to the bathroom. 
He looks so guilty here. 
I sent this pic to my mom while they were gone, Tbone jumped on the couch trying to snuggle Joseph (NO NO!) so instead I joined him on the floor, he head butted me and almost smashed me with his version of cuddling. It was a little crazy having 3 dogs at the house for 3 weeks. I'm just happy I documented it.

No comments: