Wednesday, April 20, 2011

1/2 marathon

I agreed to run a half marathon with my aunts in June 2012.
Yup, I am going to do it, for fun.
For Joseph, I want to wear something in his honor for it.
And I have the perfect training buddy.
T-Bone our dog,

IMG_1746 copy

he always wants to run, he'll never back out either.
We're still working on jogging manners,
he almost ripped my arm off on Monday,
so like the good trainer I am, I switched directions on him.
that'll teach him.
I will need some better "equipment" though,
like a good sports bra,
 (gotta keep the ladies in check, suggestions welcome), 
And a pair of these bad boys, yes, in that color.

I'm a lucky girl, Joseph is going to let me buy them for myself for our anniversary in May.
Training is okay for now, 
I know I can run a 5k without training it, 
now to just add 10 miles to that.
Gotta wait until my toe heals, I tried to break it last week.
I'll be out there running this summer,
out there with my training buddy,
 cranking the tunes,
getting a tan and 
 getting blond-er
and stronger
oh ya.



2 comments:

Cassidy @ Thrillingly Thrifty said...

I keep telling myself I need to sign up for some kind of race (definitely not a half-marathon yet!) just so I'm committed enough to start training. Commitment is the hardest part I think!

And I know how you feel about trying to 'keep the ladies in check'! I usually double-bra when I exerrcise - a normal underwire and then a basic sports bra. Not the most comfortable thing on earth, but better than feeling them bounce around!

Briana said...

Way to go! A half-marathon! That is such an awesome goal. I just asked the trainer whose fitness blog I follow about her advice for training/eating for a half marathon and she had a lot of good stuff to say. If you're interested, let me know and I can pass it along to you. I can't wait to hear all about it!