Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Long time, no post!

I had every intention of updating the blog but life got in the way. While still in Idaho we got a call from Mom, Brother Moses had an emergency appendectomy and needed Joseph to sub for him. We were in Mountain Home Air Force Base with my sister, brother in law, and 1 1/2 nieces. We couldn't make it back in time for him to teach on Monday, so mom ended up doing it, since there was absolutely no one available. And Joseph has been subbing almost everyday since. Brother Moses is doing well, recovery has slowed him down a lot. And he will be easing back into teaching, I think that he will be teaching 2 hours tomorrow.

I have been at the school as well, all this week, we have a choir festival on Friday. So it's been all kinds of crazy here, we are lucky we got our laundry done this week!

Job offer: well the manager was all for it, but the owners were not, based on the fact that he cannot drive the cars out to the customers. Joseph's main agent at his employment agency is really riled up about it. Goodness, it is getting frustrating! He just wants a job, and he is an amazingly hard worker, but attach the words "legally blind" and people immediately back away. It's like doors are constantly being slammed in our faces, and I am about ready to bust some in. watch out.

IUD: we've has quite a few friends and family members ask if I got my iud out. I didn't mean to stir up rumors, or rouse questions, I just wanted to share my shock and love for my new doctor. But for you curious ones out there the answer is: we have no answer, while we are very open about our lives, there are some aspects of it that we will and do keep private. This is one of those things, we are not going to talk about it. But when we do have something to announce, we will, you can count on it.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I totally understand your IUD statement... when we started talking that we are thinking about trying again we started getting baraged with questions! "Have you started yet?" "Are you off your birth control yet?" I'm sure it won't be long before we get the "Are you pregnant yet!" I just tell them we aren't talking about it.

Either way, good luck in whatever you do :) Also, good luck on finding another job opportunity for Joe.

Cassidy @ Thrillingly Thrifty said...

I never know how to respond to things like that, when people ask us about our family planning (which they do, ALL THE TIME)! I like how you said that, and I also like how you've shared about your experiences. Open about what you're going through, but still private about some things.

And that is SO frustrating about the job offer!!! I know it isnt the same level of door slamming, but Kyle is having similar issues because he has two Bachelor's. He's willing to do all sorts of jobs that are 'below' his education, but the employers dont see that. Anyways, I hope you can find something that'll work out. Its just hard waiting to find the right thing!

Briana said...

Oh! That is SO frustrating about the job. Seriously wrong! There has to be some middle ground - I can understand that they are worried about the whole job getting done as business owners trying to make a living, but then there is the whole other side of you guys trying to make a living and make the best out of a situation that is totally beyond your control! I think it's so wrong for people to just slam the door because of a label. Especially when the manager was for it! Sounds like he was ready to make it work - that is the type of attitude people need. Grrrr.... I'm sorry!

I hope Brother Moses recovers quickly! Good to hear an update that I wouldn't usually hear- through you guys. :)