Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Funny

I love being a primary teacher.. yes sometimes it is really hard and I am happy that the kids don't come home with us, but most of the time I absolutely love it. Today was one of those I love it days.

The girl who was our spotlight today said she wanted magic hair that would grow really fast and long, so she could donate it... as she has done twice now (1st & 3rd grades) and will do it again in 5th grade. Cute right? Well after the spotlight Cody, grabs me by the head, puts his arm around me and tells me he loves my yellow hair. He then starts to play with my hair and twirl it in his fingers, "I love your yellow hair, it's twirly like a yellow roller coaster, it goes round and round" " I love it yellow, but I don't like the suntan lotion you put in it", then he smells my hair. "Mmmm..."

I just loved that story and had to blog it before I forgot it. I am okay with yellow roller coaster hair. Apparently even little boys like it. Good idea for a children's book huh?

-S :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That is very cute. What is the suntan lotion that you put in it?

What a cute girl that donates her hair.

Joseph & Shaylee said...

I dunno? I have been trying to figure that one out...maybe he doesn't like it when I have darkened my hair?? hmm... the logic of a seven yr old boy puzzles me!