Friday, July 23, 2010

Due to severe

ITCHY-NESS. I will be taking a little break from blogging lots of stuff. Apparently I have developed a sun allergy, or photosensitivity. Definition:A sun allergy is an immune system reaction to sunlight, most often, an itchy red rash. The most common locations include the "V" of the neck, the back of the hands, the outside surface of the arms and the lower legs. In rare cases, the skin reaction may be more severe, producing hives or small blisters. 

I have hives/ welts across my shoulders, "V" of my neck, and legs and the tops of my  feet and they itch like cRaZy! Which is really inconvenient, because I just started teaching swimming lessons. Ugh, during some of my super itchy spells I seriously contemplated canceling my 2nd session, but the $$ is too good, I will just be swimming ultra-modest style, spandex shorts and t-shirt over swim top.  Add SPF 30+ yup that'll be me this summer.

 I spent this week trying to figure out what the heck was going on. We are missing our ward campout tonight because I am miserably itchy and we (my family) are trying to get all ready for Dustin's farewell on Sunday. Oh well. Just grin and bear it, excuse me while I go hide and slap on copious amounts of lotion.

**UPDATE: (Saturday July 24th)  Apparently sun sensitivity runs in my family, my mom had it- but it only lasted a couple years Valerie, my sister has it too, as well as one of my aunts. I will be wearing a super light weight jacket when I go outside, and using Aveeno lotion with oatmeal for the itch. I feel much better today.

-S

2 comments:

Briana said...

dang - that sounds yucky! sorry you hurt - hope you feel better soon!

The Ottley's said...

Y.U.C.K.Y! A few YEARS? Oh really, is that all? :)