Saturday, February 2, 2013

Come on 2013...

I asked you to be kind. Our friendship isn't starting out well, you're new here so be warned: I may be nice but I am also feisty & I will fight back.
January was a little rough...

Grandma Swanger fell and then needed brain surgery she has been in the hospital since the 22nd. And that threw life into chaos, between taking shifts at the hospital and helping with my cousins, it's been so busy and quite hectic.  Grandma will be home tomorrow, on her 75th birthday. It's still going to be a long road and we'll still be helping as much as we can.


I've been taking the little cousins to school, and this is Ralphie my aunt's cat. When I got back he demanded some snuggles. He has missed Grandma, in fact today he spent a lot of time sleeping on her bed, while we were preparing the house for her return. 

Joseph's internship with Yakima Specialties ended on the 16th and again the company couldn't hire him. Yes, we are disappointed, but not surprised. let me explain: a few days before the end of the internship Joseph had a strong feeling that this particular job wasn't for him. We didn't understand exactly what that meant at the time. So now it's back to the drawing board for us. We'll welcome any ideas for part-time work from home kind of jobs. I think that we've concluded that this is his best option.

Now that it's February I'll get caught up with the blog.

2 comments:

Briana said...

you sound like such a great help to your family! they are lucky to have you guys.

i'm sorry to hear about the dead end with the internship. but it is always good when you get that spiritual whispering to help ease what's coming. at least you can feel confident that it wasn't for you guys. but still.... a bummer, nonetheless. :(

it's a new month and i hope it treats you a little better!

lm said...

What a time! Praying for you always. Life is so . . . LIFE! love you!