Saturday, January 24, 2009

A tender mercy

This little guy, "Tigger", and his parents have been a tender mercy for us. They are our neighbors and we love them, we became friends shortly after they moved in. We have been blessed with the opportunity to babysit Tigger on many occasions, I watch him twice a week so his Mom can go to a class on campus. Tigger and his parents have helped us so much. I will talk about Tigger specifically, getting to know him and watching him grow and explore has helped us to heal and become excited to someday be parents.

Before Tigger and family moved in, we had a hard time... Both Joe and I are oldest children and what came with that is a natural love of kids and babies and many many opportunites to babysit and spend time with kids. But through our struggles with infertility we strayed from our roots, so much so that neither one of us held a baby for a year and a half. It hurt too much.

But slowly that changed and the biggest help with that came with Tigger, Tigger loves us! It feels so good, to have such a sweet little friend. We have had the chance to be excited and watch him grow and see all the stages he has gone through. We have been with him sick, happy, sad. We've watched him learn to roll over, scoot, army crawl, sit up, crawl, stand, and now he is learning how to walk. I have even taught him a couple of tricks. I feel like Tigger has helped us, and his parents too they are wonderful friends and we enjoy the times we get to see them.

I feel like Heavenly Father knew exactly what we needed and when, friends, opportunities, our calling, and many other things. We love our little friend Tigger and even the kids in our primary class they've all helped us in different ways as we worked our way through adoption paperwork and perpare for parenthood.

-S

3 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

That is soo neat Shaylee. He is an adorable little boy and friends are such a blessing. I bet this little boy has helped you be even more ready to bless some childs life in the future when you adopt. I'm sure the Lord did place them there for you. I love how even in the middle of trials.. the Lord doesn't forget us and places blessings in our path to help us along the way. Anyways.. take care and have a great day!! Keep smiling!

Karen said...

That's so great that you can see the Lord helping you even in the middle of this trial! I was reading the article from an adopted childs perspectie in Feb. ensign, and thought of you guys and how someday you'll bless a childs life like that! I believe this will happen for you, and want you to know I think and pray for you both.

Briana said...

Hey there! Glad we can keep in touch and get updates on what is going on with you guys. I'm so sorry to hear about your guys' struggles, but I know something wonderful will work out for you! One of my friends just adopted her first 6 months ago - it was a miracle how it worked out. Hang in there! :)