Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bye bye trees...

The scouts in our ward come out to our house and removed the dead and mostly dead trees out back, as well as weeding the flower gardens in the front. I didn't get a head count but my guess was that we had a party of 15 young men, and not-as-young men working in our yards.  We are so thankful for their service, and amazed at how quickly those awful trees disappeared.

They felled a tree before I could even get a real "before" shot of the backyard.
The trees were really dead and really light. They had 2 chain saws going at one point. We had them take out the green ones too, they were dying,  it was kind of an all or nothing deal. 
The one with the chainsaw is my Uncle Ron.
The young men carried the trees out front.
And they all fell down.
Down to stumps now.
They were able to get up 3 or 4 stumps... but the stumps killed 3 shovels first.
They were finishing up to a gorgeous sunset.
Some of the young men attacked the front garden.. at least 3 inches thick with grass and strawberry plants.

Weeding out next to the house.
I had sweet neighbor girls help me plant some bulbs from Mom & Dad's. (Gladiolas I think, we'll know for sure once they bloom)
The damage... that pile of trees and other assorted things they found hidden in the trees, plus 10 or so bags.
The next day I grabbed a picture of the yard, sans trees. 
This is the picture I put on instagram and Facebook.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all that came out and helped us, I wish I could thank you all by name...I'll learn them all, eventually. 

No comments: