Sunday, November 23, 2014

Gluten Free "LuRolls"

What are LuRolls? My Mother-in-law's AMAZING, melt in your mouth, make me gain 15 pounds cause I can't stop eating them, dinner rolls. Seriously, they are really that good. We are now almost 2 years into my Gluten free lifestyle and I had yet to attempt to make these for myself. That is uNtil I stumbled into a new flour mix, and tried it. Sweet success, they were so good and they didn't last long in our house. Everyone was eating them. I believe in sharing my recipes, especially the gluten free ones so here they are...

Shaylee's Favorite Gluten Free Flour mix
makes about 9 cups
  • 4 cups brown rice flour 
  • 2 cups white rice flour
  • 2 cups potato starch
  • 1/2 cup tapioca flour
  • 1/2 cup Corn starch**
  • 5 teaspoons xanthan gum 

Mix all the ingredients bowl,  Sift together using to really incorporate all of the flours.  Store in an airtight container.

**With a corn allergy, feel free to simply use an additional 1/2 cup tapioca starch.


Roll Recipe
1 1/2 c. Warm water
1/2 c. sugar
2 Tbls. yeast
Mix to dissolve-set aside

Warm: 1 1/4 c. milk & 1/2 c. butter

Mix milk mixture and yeast together with:
1 Tbls. salt
3 eggs
6-7 c. flour (6 1/2 cups was perfect)

Mix until smooth - let raise until double in size
Punch down, shape (I use tapioca flour when working with the dough), and let raise until doubled in size
Bake for 10 min. at 375'
Enjoy!!

No comments: