Saturday, January 19, 2013

October 2012

I know, I know, it's been a while. But I thought that I should go back and add anything that I may have overlooked or forgot about blogging before I start the 2013 posts.

June 11th, 2012 our niece Paisley was born,  we were lucky enough to make a trip and meet this cutie while we were there.


October 13, 2012 our nephew Calvin was born. We met him early in November and Joseph and Calvin had some man- bonding time, I think that Calvin likes his voice. I don't blame him, I am a fan too. 

here they are cuddling...

and suddenly he busts out this smile.

We are smitten. 
More in October...
We received new callings. Joseph and I were called to ward choir he is the choir president and I am the director. The call was a surprise but the timing wasn't, let me explain. One Thursday evening I was talking to Joseph on my way home from work, hands free- no worries! In desperation I told him I didn't want to go to pack meeting that night, and something to the effect of "I'm done, I've reached my limit". Well, lo and behold the Lord was definitely aware of how I was feeling because 2 days later we were called into the bishop's office & we were extended our new callings. 

So ward choir is a whole new challenge, but like my dear husband reminded me I wasn't called as pianist because that would be easy for me, this is much harder and sometimes terrifying. Things are going so well and so smoothly, I am not music chairperson so I only make decisions for choir and Joseph "runs" everything, starts and ends practice, helps me pick songs and copies them for me while I'm at work and he invites people to join choir. We're a great team.

2 comments:

Kaelee said...

I've been waiting for an update! Glad your calling is going well. No doubt you're great at it.

Briana said...

Hey, we have the same calling! I just got called as choir director a few weeks ago. Eeek! Hope it's going well for you!

I feel you about the cub scouts. That is probably my least favorite calling ever. Eric is a cub scout leader right now and he loves it, though. Hmmm... Guess someone has to. :)