Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stuff

Work: I  now have 30 students! Holy Cow! We celebrated with ice cream cake. (that was the deal we made when I hit 20 students).
One new little student "I" (6 yrs old) on her first day sat on the piano bench, looked me straight in the eye and says " I have something to tell you.. Why did the music teacher need a ladder?"
Me:"Why?" I: " so she could reach the high notes!" So cute huh? It totally made my day! I am so glad that I had my notebook on hand to record it. Oh and another funny, "L" my 4 year old student (yes, 4 but that kid is a freakin' genius). He got really excited and told me that he heard a Beethoven Bear song at preschool and he wanted to sing it to me (Beethoven Bear is a character that we use in his lessons) "Beethoven's wig, is REALLY BIG!" sung to Beethoven's 5th. What is awesome is that I know exactly what he sung, its from Beethoven's Wig or Sing along symphonies, a neat collection of classical songs with hysterical lyrics, some that deal with the real facts about the composer. Apparently "L" had been singing it all day so he couldn't forget. Adorable!

Church: A new year, a new batch of sunbeams- fresh out of nursery. 11 am church may be good for some but not great in junior primary, it's definitely nap time and lunchtime for most of them. Which makes it a little rowdy- and being in the presidency and not having a child in sunbeams makes me the official sunbeam-wrangler- and I'm good at it. Sure there are some tears and boogers but they also cuddle. One kid "T" had a hard time at first then she was really happy the rest of the time- after I wiped the sad away I got some serious cuddles then she was fine. I even ended up taking her to the bathroom and it was an adventure, I'll spare you the details. Another sunbeam "A" was having a full blown meltdown we spent a lot of time together- until class time when he totally passed out asleep. LOL. Speaking of bathrooms, while I was out in the hall tacking up letters on our bulletin board CTR4/5 class was taking a potty break, soon out came 4 screaming little girls- there was a dead fish in the toilet! True Story. It was hilarious, but luckily it was girls not boys since I am pretty sure we would have heard what one of them did on time of it. Primary is so fun- yet so exhausting- at least until the sunbeams adjust. Then I may get bored!

Joseph is team teaching Valient 10/11 boys with two other teachers one is Bro. Stites who is pretty awesome, but I think that he and Joseph get along a little too well sometimes! And Joseph is subbing in seminary tomorrow for Bro. Moses, and again next week for Sis Wright, I am so glad that he gets to do that!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Haha, L.O.V.E LOVE Sunbeams!!! Sometimes, I miss being the Sunbeam teacher...then I read this and remember the joys of doing it with a fresh "batch" of 3 year olds!

My word verification is necham...

Wendy said...

Sunbeams are great. :) I remember singing with them and then taking everybody for a bathroom break. I heard about kitties every week. I don't think I ever got a straight answer. But sometimes they amazed me. :) Fun, fun.

Briana said...

oh the sunbeams! :) elena is one of those "fresh" sunbeams, but she hasn't been to church yet as a sunbeam and probably won't go to her class for a while - which i'm secretly kind of glad for because i'm pretty sure she would be a terror. :) i sure got a kick out of that dead fish story - what the??! :)

Abe n Linz said...

Somewhere I missed that you were in the presidency. Me too. Busy calling!