Sunday, October 31, 2010

An Idea

I have been toying with selling my photographs. I do NOT want to be one of those mommy photographers,  I don't want to have sessions and more things interfering with our already complicated schedules. I do LOVE photography and the photographs I am able to take and edit. It's a real art. I am thinking, seriously thinking about making an etsy shop to sell prints of my photographs. (or something like etsy... still in the idea gathering stage)  I want to know what you think. Would you buy prints like these? Do you know people who would buy them? Do you like them? Anyway I would love some feedback. Here's a few to look at in the meantime.

Make a wish


BW flower


IMG_0023 copy


Sunflower


Bright sunflower


Rosebud b&w


Montana


Purple Flower


Wet leaf


Gerber Daisey


Fall


Sunflower with clouds


Raindrops on Roses


pretty flower


BW rose


Sunflower in the sky

7 comments:

Ashley&BJ Elliott said...

I have a friend who sells photographs like these and she does really well! She also makes coasters and things out of them and it seems to make a good profit, I think you totally should! If you do use etsy it doesn't seem to be enough to just put them up and wait for customers but there are a lot of blogs that do advertising that I could tell you about if you do decide to sell them:) God job, these are beautiful, you do amazing scenic shots!

Briana said...

ooooo, so beautiful! if i had money, i would definitely buy some! :)

i think you should go for it! i've also heard about websites that provide stock photos (i think they're called) that would buy scenic prints like this. you might try investigating that, too. let us know how it turns out!

Cassidy @ Thrillingly Thrifty said...

I think selling as prints is a good idea! I also had the thought that maybe you could make a calendar with them to sell...especially if you did a sort of themem like all those amazing flower pics or all your landscapes. I'd buy one!

Wendy said...

Have you talked to a local gallery? Is there a Saturday's Market in your town? Have you talked to a art teacher at a local college? Have you looked into printing costs and printing options? My brother has some of his photos printed on canvas.

The calendar idea is really good.

lm said...

you do a great job. definitely worth looking into.

The Ottley's said...

I'd be interested.
T

Jillian said...

WOW shaylee! Great pictures. I saw you looked at my blog and I didn't even know YOU had one so HI!!!!!!!!!!