Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is blogging worth my time?

Sometimes no, but usually yes. And honestly doesn't take too much time for me, seeing as how I type MUCH faster than I write. Our blog has become our journal, Joseph was the pro at journaling, I had hopes of catching up to him but alas, we are busy and blogging is fast, and includes pictures!! So... we are having our blog printed into a book! FYI: we are using blurb.com, booksmart is a great program and it gives me a lot of creative control- very important to me. We will have it done when I am done designing it or when budget allows, which ironically enough will probably happen about the same time. It will include 3 years of blog, 200 pages! I plan on making this a yearly thing (a printed, bound and illustrated journal!), it will be more economical that way.  So excited! :)

PS another  project of mine is to design a family tree, 5 generations of both our sides, something pretty, something to go up on the wall to display and the bottom open for our future family so they can see their family. (Still in the idea collecting stage)

S

4 comments:

Briana said...

we're going to print our blog off into a book, too. it is such a great way to kill two birds with one stone - keep people updated and keep a record of things!

since it counts as a journal, you can totally justify the time spent. :) haha

Logan Family said...

Did you see that family tree thing Cassidy created on her blog? It's beautiful! I think she posted about it a few months ago. You should take a look.

Cassidy @ Thrillingly Thrifty said...

I keep thinking I need to get my blog printed too, because even though its a little rough sometimes its the only journal I've got!

I hope you post what you end up doing for a family tree, so then I can copy-cat you! Like Anna said, I did that one family tree in Photoshop, but I really want something that you can add to...I'm excited to see what you come up with!

Wendy said...

I love that I can have a book of my blog. I am waiting until the boys go to school and I can go back to work. That will be one of my first projects.

Knowing that helps me think about what to write too. I look for the fun stories as well as the pictures to post. :)