Friday, April 30, 2010

Back 2 Blogging

I am ready to get back into blogging. But while taking my frequent and long breaks I've had time to think about what I want for my blog.

What is this blog really going to be about?
What is my blog: a family blog, a personal blog, and education blog?? what?
What voice is my blog going to take?


So while not writing on the blog I have come up with answers to these questions.
  • This blog is first and foremost our family blog. A blog where our family and friends can come to get updates on our comings and goings. Our family is large and spread out and this is the most efficient and economical way for us to keep ya'll posted.
  • It is a private blog, that way I can do things like post our phone numbers, and protect our privacy as we struggle through our life challenges.
  • It is a personal blog as it contains our personal opinions. But not personal in a way that warrants a preface or disclaimer to excuse myself. Although if there are any questions, or anything you would like to discuss with us, you are welcome to leave a comment or email us. And if you are a meanie, I do reserve the right to delete. [ I have not as yet used this right-but I have edited myself ]
  • This is an education blog, our little family has been through a whole *heck* of a lot. We've used our blog to share in the education we've received while dealing with Multiple Sclerosis, Multiple miscarriages, Infertility testing, Surgeries, Medications, Adoption and now Blindness. It will continue to be an educating blog as we learn and grow and discover things for ourselves, we are more than willing to share our knowledge and this is how.
  • About my voice. The voice of the blog changes constantly, as we are ever changing. I want to be a voice of hope, courage, determination, clarity and truth (and other things). But this blog is in the voice of a sister/ brother, friend, neice/ nephew, daughter/son, cousin or whatever we are to you.
So things will hopefully continue on normally.
We welcome, encourage and appreciate your thoughts,
if you don't want to comment publicly, email us!

*JS*

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for blogging! I love reading about about you both are doing. Thanks for being so strong. I really have always looked up to you.

Jennifer said...

ha. I can't type. About how both of you are doing is what I meant to say..